Finish your associate degree with reverse transfer at NFC.

Did you know you can earn your Associate in Arts degree with NFC after you transfer to another college or university?

What is reverse transfer?

Reverse transfer is the process of awarding an associate degree after a student transfers to a four-year institution and completes degree requirements. Florida’s Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement facilitates seamless articulation of student credit and provides for reverse transfer.

Why should I get an associate degree?

  • Increase your earning potential
  • Boost your resume
  • Advance your career
  • Improve your eligibility for a promotion
  • Achieve an accomplishment

Who is eligible?

Students who have not yet earned an A.A. or Bachelor’s degree and are currently enrolled at a state university and who:

  • Earned more than 30 hours of college credit at NFC
  • Earned at least 60 hours total of college credit
  • Completed all general education, college-level communication and computation, civic literacy, and foreign language competency requirements
  • Transferred from NFC before earning the AA degree
  • Maintained good academic standing at the state university and NFC
  • Cleared all financial obligations at the state university and NFC
  • Consented to allowing the state university to transmit the necessary information to NFC
  • Completed all other associate in arts degree graduation requirements of NFC

How does it work?

  • Student attends NFC and completes 30 or more credit hours before transferring to a State University
  • Student completes remaining Associate in Arts degree requirements while attending the university
  • University notifies the student they are eligible for their AA degree from NFC
  • Student requests a degree audit and awarding of their AA degree from NFC through their university
  • The university notifies NFC about the student and transmits the student’s transcript to NFC
  • NFC evaluates the transcript and notifies the student of their degree status

Which Florida universities participate?

  • Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University
  • New College of Florida
  • Florida Atlantic University
  • University of Central Florida
  • Florida Gulf Coast University
  • University of Florida
  • Florida International University
  • University of North Florida
  • Florida Polytechnic University
  • University of South Florida
  • Florida State University
  • University of West Florida

What do I do if I believe I am eligible for reverse transfer?

Your university should contact you to begin the reverse transfer process. Contact your university advisor or graduation office for details. Institution contacts available on the FLDOE reverse transfer webpage.

What if I don’t meet all eligibility criteria of the Statewide Reverse Transfer process?

You may still be eligible for an associate degree at NFC by transferring credit for courses completed at an accredited college or university, or through an accelerated method like AP or CLEP exams. Contact NFC’s graduation specialist at (850) 973-1620 or for assistance.

What if I am currently attending NFC but considering transferring?

Contact your academic advisor or NFC’s graduation specialist and review your graduation worksheet to see how close you are to graduation. Then stay in touch each term so that we can help you transfer credits and graduate.